Sign up now for spring 2018 housing!
We are very much looking forward to housing you for your spring 2018 course at the Sorbonne! A spot in one of Comforts of Home's fully-furnished, shared apartments will soon be yours. You can see photos of some of our apartments here. And check out our terms and prices below.
The first step is to register with us by clicking the button below. This step helps us learn a little about you, including your correct contact information, your gender, whether you're interested in a shared apartment or a studio in our residence, any roommate requests, and whether you are interested in a co-ed apartment (our bedrooms are always single-sex, but lots of students request co-ed apartments). If you'd like to live with a specific roommate, please note that both of you must register online with us and request each other to guarantee we can place you in the same apartment.
Check out the details of what we offer below, along with our prices. We also offer the option of an "Easy Landing" welcome package to help make your transition into Parisian life effortless.
What's included? COH makes your Parisian housing experience easy. All COH apartments include the following services and amenities:
- No guarantor needed
- Hi-speed wireless internet
- Spacious apartment
- Safe neighborhood within the city of Paris
- Fully furnished living/dining room with sofa & comfy chairs for everyone (in shared apartments)
- Twin size bed
- Linens & towels
- Fully equipped kitchen (not always with dishwasher)
- Washing machine & drying rack
- 24/7 emergency hotline in case of flood, gas leak, fire, etc…
- On-line, on-call maintenance service from COH
- Renters’ insurance
- Utilities: gas or electricity and water
- Monthly cleaning service
Sorbonne Spring 2018 Terms & Prices*
Housing dates for Sorbonne CCFS spring 2018 are:
- Check-in: February 2, 2018
- Checkout: May 26, 2018
Important: Please note that check-ins are only possible during our office hours, Monday through Friday, 9:30am to 6:00pm
Prices include: high-speed wireless internet, utilities allowance, government fees and mandatory renters' insurance; all spaces require a Refundable Security Deposit.
- Approximately 15 sqm per bed in a shared apartment
- Between 2-8 students per apartment (most have 4-5)
- One bathroom for every 4-5 students
- Approximately 30 minutes (or less) from campus by mass transit
- Fully-outfitted kitchens, including dishes and basic appliances
- English-speaking, on-call maintenance service is provided
Standard Shared Bedroom Space
Spring Semester: 3,520€ (based on a rate of 880€/month)
Standard Single Space in a Shared Apartment
Spring Semester: 6,080€ ** (based on a rate of 1,520€/month)
Studio Apartment in Residence Building
Comforts of Home also offers the option of living in a studio apartment in a student residence building (16th arrondissement). Each single occupancy studio in this 7-floor elevator building includes an en suite bathroom and kitchenette, and offers a great opportunity to enjoy the comfort and conviviality of the dorm experience right in Paris. Note: This building is about a 35-minute commute to the Sorbonne.
- 5,440 € ** (based on a rate of 1,360€/month)
Comforts Options (per student)
€485. Includes airport pick-up in a private car, pre-opening your French bank account, a SIM card, pre-sign up for NAVIGO pass that also enables you to use the Vélib bikeshare, and a "Paris essentials" welcome tote.
Comforts Services (weekly cleaning service, bi-weekly linen change)
Spring Semester: €880 supplement **
Preferred Location (includes Comforts cleaning and linen service)
Live within an approximately 30-minute walk of the Sorbonne!
Spring Semester: €3,000 (one-time supplemental fee) **
The above costs represent total payments for each category of accommodation before discounts associated with early payment. So, these prices don't include:
- Payment processing fees of 3%, which are waived from accommodation charges with early full-semester payment (by November 15)
- One-time refundable security deposit of €850
Spring 2018 payment deadlines and installment plan ***
In order to avoid late payment fees, you must pay prior to the dates outlined in the schedule below. Accordingly, our payment pages offer the option to pay in installments (see deadlines below). If you wish to avoid credit card / wire transfer fees, note that you must pay for the semester in full in advance, by November 15, as is outlined below.
Spring Semester Payment Deadlines
- One month's rent (prices vary according to choice of accommodation in a shared or single room) and the €850 Security Deposit are due by November 15, 2017. If you have chosen Comforts Services, Easy Landing, or Preferred Location, the full amount of the corresponding supplements for the semester are also due at this time.
- 1/2 of the spring semester's remaining accommodation price is due by December 15, 2017.
- Remaining spring semester's accommodation price is due by February 15, 2018.
Please note: there is a €100 Late Payment Fee assessed for any second and/or third installment payment received after the above-mentioned dates. We will begin to process your application only once all the relevant fees are received.
Fees above do not include a 3% payment processing fee (this is added on the payments page). You can avoid this fee on the accommodation portion of your payment by paying the entire semester's accommodation fee by the first due date (November 15).
Please click here to find our full cancellation and refund policy.
Residents living in Comforts of Home housing for a semester or a year may apply for CAF (Caisse d'Allocations Familiales) housing subsidies, and COH will provide necessary housing documentation for residents' applications. The CAF is a French government agency that is unaffiliated with Comforts of Home. Comforts of Home cannot guarantee application approval or the amount of subsidies received from the CAF.
* Prices are based on the school semester. Extra charges apply for staying beyond checkout, when possible. Payments are made in euros. Prices are based on the school term. Extra charges apply for staying beyond checkout, when possible. Payments are made in euros. Comforts of Home is not responsible for international transaction fees clients may incur from their home bank. For questions regarding transaction fees, please contact your bank directly.
** While available. (COH options are available on a limited basis. If we can't satisfy your request, we will refund any supplements paid. Standard Apartments are within an approximate 30-minute metro and/or bus ride from campus.)
*** Accommodation prices include rent, high-speed wireless internet, utilities allowance, maintenance, emergency housing services, check-in and checkout services, required insurance, taxes and other services. Due dates may be amended from time to time.
Questions? See our FAQs, or get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're looking forward to meeting you soon in Paris!