Sorbonne STUDENTS - sign up Now for spring 2017 housing
We are very much looking forward to housing you for your Spring 2017 course (February 1, 2017 - May 27, 2017) at the Sorbonne! A spot in one of Comforts of Home's newly-furnished, shared apartments will soon be yours. You can see photos of some of our apartments here. And check out our terms and prices below.
The first step is to register with us below. This step helps us learn a little about you, including your correct contact information, your gender, any roommate requests, and whether you are interested in a co-ed apartment (our bedrooms are always single-sex, but lots of students request co-ed apartments). If you'd like to live with a specific roommate, please note that both of you must register online with us and request each other to guarantee we can place you in the same apartment.
Check out the details of what we offer below, along with our prices. We also offer the option of an "Easy Landing" welcome package to help make your transition into Parisian life effortless.
What's included? COH makes your Parisian housing experience easy. All COH apartments include the following services and amenities:
- Hi-speed wireless internet
- Spacious apartment
- Safe neighborhood within the city of Paris
- Fully furnished living/dining room with sofa & comfy chairs for everyone
- Twin size bed
- Linens & towels
- Fully equipped kitchen (not always with dishwasher)
- Washing machine & drying rack (no dryer)
- 24/7 emergency hotline in case of flood, gas leak, fire, etc…
- On-line, on-call maintenance service from COH
- Renters’ insurance
- Utilities: gas or electricity and water
- Monthly cleaning service
- ELIGIBLE FOR CAF SUBSIDY (government aid available to all students)
sorbonne Spring 2017 Terms & Prices*
Housing dates for Sorbonne CCFS Spring 2017 are: Check-in, February 1; Checkout, May 27.
(Prices include: high-speed wireless internet, utilities allowance, government fees and mandatory renters' insurance; all spaces require a Refundable Security Deposit.)
- Approximately 15 sqm / bed in a Shared Apartment
- Between 2-8 students per apartment (most have 4-5)
- One bathroom for every 4-5 students
- Approximately 30-minutes (or less) from campus by mass-transit
- Fully-outfitted kitchens, including dishes and basic appliances
- English-speaking, on-call maintenance service is provided
Standard Shared Bedroom Space
Spring Semester: €3,360 (based on a rate of 840€/month)
Standard Single Space in a Shared Apartment
Spring Semester: €5,800 ** (based on a rate of €1,450/month)
Comforts Options (per student)
€485. Includes airport pick-up in a private car, pre-opening French bank account, a SIM card, pre-sign up for NAVIGO pass and Vélib bikeshare, a CAF Housing Subsidy Workshop, and a "Paris essentials" welcome tote.
‘Comforts’ Services (weekly cleaning service, bi-weekly linen change)
Spring Semester: €840 supplement **
Preferred Location (includes Comforts cleaning and linen service)
Live within a 30-minute walk of the Sorbonne!
Spring Semester: €3,000 (one-time fee) **
The above costs represent total payments for each category of accommodation before discounts associated with early payment. So, these prices don't include:
- Credit card / wire transfer processing fees of 3%, which are waived from accommodation charges with early full-semester payment (by November 15)
- One-time refundable security deposit of €840
Spring 2017 payment deadlines and installment plan ***
In order to avoid late payment fees, you must pay prior to the dates outlined in the schedule below. Accordingly, our payment pages offer the option to pay in installments (see deadlines below). If you wish to avoid credit card / wire transfer fees, note that you must pay for the semester in full in advance, by November 15, as is outlined below.
Semester-Only Students' Payment Deadlines
Spring Term 2017
- One month's rent (prices vary according to choice of shared, single, or studio accommodation) and the €840 Security Deposit are due by December 15, 2016. If you have chosen Comforts Services, Easy Landing, or Preferred Location, the full amount of the corresponding supplements for the semester are also due at this time.
- 1/2 of the Spring semester's remaining accommodation price is due by January 15, 2017.
- Remaining Spring semester's accommodation price is due by March 15, 2017.
Please note: there is a €100 Late Payment Fee assessed for any payment received after the above-mentioned dates. We will begin to process your application only once all the relevant fees are received.
Fees above do not include a 3% credit card / wire transfer processing fee (this is added on the payments page). You can avoid this fee on the accommodation portion of your payment by paying the entire semester's accommodation fee by the first due date (November 15).
Please click here to find our full cancellation and refund policy.
* Prices are based on the school semester. Extra charges apply for staying beyond check-out, when possible. Payments are made in euros.
** While available. (CoP options are available on a limited basis. If we can't satisfy your request, we will refund any supplements paid. Standard Apartments are within an approximate 30-minute metro and/or bus ride from campus.)
*** Accommodation prices include rent, high-speed wireless internet, utilities allowance, maintenance, emergency housing services, check-in and check-out services, required insurance, taxes and other services. Due dates may be amended from time to time.
Questions? See our FAQs, or get in touch via email: email@example.com.
We're looking forward to meeting you soon in Paris!
The CoH staff