Easy Landing Packages
Comforts of Home’s Easy Landing welcome package will make your transition into Parisian life effortless. Why spend time figuring out paperwork and transportation when you could be out exploring your new home? We’ll take care of it all for you!
We have two Easy Landing Package options, Standard and Plus, so you can make the choice that best suits your needs.
Standard Easy Landing Package: 325€
- Individual airport pickup. A driver from our transportation partner Le Cab will be waiting for you by name at the airport to help you with your bags. Every car in Le Cab’s fleet is equipped with an iPad with an English-language display, so you can send an email to friends and family at home to let them know you’ve arrived safely.
- We’ll take you to your apartment. After you’ve finished checking in at COH’s office and have your keys in hand, a driver from Le Cab will take you directly to your new home.
- Pre-paid SIM card. Get connected as soon as you arrive. During check-in at our offices, we’ll provide you with a pre-paid SIM card, so you can call and text in France right away, valid for the first month of your stay. If you choose, you can later convert this SIM to a monthly plan through our partner provider. Remember to have your phone unlocked before coming to France.
- Getting around Paris. We’ll provide you with a carnet (booklet) of 10 metro tickets to get you started getting around Paris. We'll also provide you with a basic "Navigo découverte" card that you can activate on a weekly or monthly basis. We'll explain the different options for extending your pass for the rest of your stay and can help walk you through the process.
- COH "Ultimate Paris Essentials" Welcome Tote. This is your first-week Parisian survival kit from COH. We'll provide you with the things you need to feel perfectly comfortable in your apartment right from the get-go: our favorite French food items, basic household items, and toiletries so you can take a nice, hot shower and relax as soon as you get to your new home! We’ll also throw in a universal adapter, so you can charge your computer and phone and get online right away. All of this will be waiting for you in a reusable shopping bag you can use all semester each time you go to the grocery store or the market (all shops in France charge for plastic and paper bags, so it's better to bring your own!).
- CAF (Housing Subsidy) Workshop. Students who stay in France for at least a semester, including foreign students, may apply for government housing subsidies via the Caisse d'Allocations Familiales (CAF). All students who opt for our Easy Landing package will benefit from an on-site workshop where we’ll walk you through each step of the paperwork. Please note: The CAF is a French government agency that is unaffiliated with Comforts of Home. Comforts of Home cannot guarantee application approval or the amount of subsidies received from the CAF.
Easy Landing Package PLUS: 475€
The Easy Landing Package PLUS includes everything listed above, as well as:
- On-site bank account opening. Opening an account in France is a more complex process than in many other countries. We’ll pre-open your French account before you get to Paris, and we'll help you make an appointment so you can finish the process in the first days following your arrival.
- Those extras you really need and didn’t have room to pack. We’ll provide you with comfy slippers, so you’ll feel cozy and at home as soon as you arrive in your apartment (your neighbors will thank you, too), a sturdy travel coffee mug (great for the metro ride to your 9am class!). We’ll also provide you with a COH umbrella so you’re prepared for the inevitable Parisian showers from the moment you arrive!
- “Live like a local” tour. We’ll introduce you to the authentic Paris! Your guide will give you an insider’s view of the city, taking you to neighborhoods and places that locals go, which may include: best spots to go out, local markets, favorite Parisian parks, the best boulangeries, the nicest cheese shops in town, etc. During the tour, you’ll learn tips about how best to get around the city, and how to live life like a Parisian.
- Soirée de bienvenue. This includes entry for you and a friend to a special soirée to welcome you to Paris. Located in a favorite Parisian establishment, it will include an apéro (drinks + snacks à la française), and the opportunity to meet other students from around the world, in French or in English.